Sunday, January 8, 2012

188.6 points, my current weight

At this moment I weigh 188.6 pounds, my height is 5 feet and 10 inches. For the last 5 or 6 years I have not been very active, I would not call myself obese or even overweight but I could definitely loose some pounds.

So this year I decided to do something about it, my goal is to be 160 pounds by memorial day.

I decided to tackle this in a couple of ways.


  1. Weigh myself daily and put it into an excel sheet and watch the chart
  2. Write down all the foods that I eat
  3. Keep a workout journal
  4. Maintain a list of banned foods

Weigh myself daily and put it into an excel sheet and watch the chart

I bought a new scale, it is the Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale with Ultra Wide Platform and Step-on Technology. It is a nice scale, it got good reviews and it does increments of .2 pounds. I will weigh myself daily, plug the numbers into Excel and then I will insert a chart, hopefully the chart will go down not up over time  :-)

Write down all the foods that I eat

To understand why you don't loose weight, you need to keep a journal of all the food you eat, if you see that you don't loose weight, you can look back at the food that you ate.

Keep a workout journal

It is important to switch your workouts, you can't do the same workout day in day out for weeks. You need to alternate between workouts so that your body is not used to do the same thing over and over again

Maintain a list of banned foods

Some of the foods that I will not touch until I reach my goal are

  • Sodas and diet sodas
  • Junk food...I don't really eat any so called fast food like McDonalds, Wendy's or Burger King but I do like my chocolate and other sweets like cake.
  • I also think I eat too much portion wise, I need to control that, maybe I will eat at a slower pace that way I won't overeat

That is it for this post



1 comment:

  1. I'll be cheering you on. I'm on a similar quest, planning to lose 40 pounds by September: http://tdmitch.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/less-of-me-in-12/

    ReplyDelete