Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cholesterol and triglycerides

The real reason I started this blog is really because I want need to lower my cholesterol as well as my triglycerides. Here is what my numbers look like from my checkup 2 weeks ago

Triglycerides 190
Total Cholesterol 240

  • LDL-Cholesterol 166 
  • HDL-Cholesterol 36 

Cholesterol /HDL-Cholesterol ratio 6.66

The ratio between total cholesterol and HDL cholesterol  should be below 5, mine is 6.66 (240/36)

As you can see these numbers are pretty bad for a person who is 41 years old. I basically have to cut out the sugars and most of the bad fats from my diet. The problem is that I don't really eat bad fats, I think it is mostly hereditary. My blood pressure was excellent as well as the rest of the blood work

3 comments:

  1. The research concluded that adding turmeric to a high fat meal actually lowered insulin levels and triglycerides by one-third.


    what are triglycerides ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. This really helped me with my work. I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot. good website

    Nail Starterset

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. This really helped me with my work. I appreciate your help. Thanks a lot. good website

    Nail Starterset

    ReplyDelete