Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day two

Today was my second workout. Again I warmed up by running one mile. I ran this mile today in 8 minutes and 11 seconds, this is 17 seconds faster than yesterday. My goal is still to run this mile between 6 and 7 minutes by Memorial day.

After I warmed up I did a quick workout because I had to take care of some things back at my desk. I did one giant set four times, I did rest for one minute after each giant set


Giant Set
---------------
Squat
Pulldowns
Step up on bench
Shoulder presses
-----------------
Rest one minute


They way you do this is you do the squat, then you immediately do pulldowns, followed by the step up and finally you do the shoulder presses. You do between 8 and 12 reps for each set. You do not rest between these 4 sets. When you are done with all 4 sets, you rest for one minute. Now you repeat this three more times for a total of 16 sets.

I am focusing on the big muscle parts for now, it is much harder to do squats than bicep curls. Your biceps and triceps will get a workout when you do chest exercises and back  exercises anyway. I am not working out to become Mr Olympia anyway  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment